Monday, August 5, 2013

Meatless Monday

I used to do Meatless Mondays all the time and I'm not sure how I lost the habit but I am back on board.  Brunch was tacos with black beans, brown rice, sauteed onions and assorted peppers.  Plus corn tortillas which I love!  The trick to keeping the tortillas from dissolving is to "fry" them.  I do it by brushing one side with olive oil, laying it face down in a hot pan and brushing the other side.  Very little oil is used and cooking the tortillas this way really brings out the corn taste too.

Dinner was a new recipe, Greek Potatoes, Zucchini and Green Bean Stew.  It also had white beans in it.  It was good but the green beans were just okay which is kind of sad since it's a recipe that incorporates what's fresh today.  So if I were to make it again I would leave out the green beans.  However, the feta sprinkled on top really made it taste good!

No comments: