Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Jungle Parrots

 This was an early morning picture and the background blocks look more blue than they are IRL.  The pattern is from an Eleanor Burns book and I made this top many years ago, maybe even 10 years ago.  I remember sewing it during winter because it was a good way to take my mind off of winter!
Here's a close up so you can see the parrots.  I actually gave a try to appliqueing a parrot on one of the green background blocks but it did not turn out well.  And I have yards and yards of the background fabric to use on the back but it seems to be missing.  I am donating a still in the package light green twin sheet that will do for the back in case the real back doesn't turn up in time.  Sigh.

This top is going to be tied by Jan's ward and donated.  Hooray!!

No comments: