Saturday, August 31, 2013

A Second August GTA!

We had a second opportunity this week to meet the Knit Lit group at Sam Weller Books so we were on the train again.  In a bold move, this time I got on in Provo and Sherise got on in American Fork.  Meeting up was stressful enough that I left the house at 3:20 to catch the 3:50 train.

I was more than a little dismayed to find a train sitting there already.  Many of you will remember my early German train story so I was very apprehensive about just stepping on. However I purchased my ticket and walked to the train to look for a clue.  There is a small electronic sign by the benches and it said North to Ogden 19 minutes. Okay then, that made it clear and I got on.  I had noted the number on the outside of the car so I could relay that information to Sherise and she could find me easily.  However, I got to wondering if there was a derailment and passengers had not made note of the car number, how would they be able to tell first responders what car they were laying under when they called for help.

I had mentally composed a note to UTA when I glanced up:
 Okay then, there it is, the car number as well as emergency procedures next to each entryway on each seating level.

Sherise jumped on seamlessly and the next part of the adventure began because this time instead of going to Salt Lake Central, we had to get off at Murray Central and connect to a Red Line Trax.  No worries, again a seamless transfer and then we just listened for the Trolley Square stop.

Sam Weller Books was on Main Street for years but in this last year moved to Trolley Square which was empty of shoppers much like City Center Mall was when we were there.  I forgot to take a picture of the store and remembered that on the way back to the Trax.

Only a two block walk and this was fun, right on the corner at the sidewalk and part of a gas station...
 The Red Line Trax goes to the U of U and perhaps that explains this or it could be that this is just a fun urban development.

We really enjoyed meeting some new people and hope to get back next month.  I got back to Provo at 10:15-ish.  I had parked in a different part of the lot to make it a short and direct walk to the car:
The second row, under a light and a straight walk from the train
Looking back from the car, the train is center back just to the right of the motorcycle.
(I had to call Sherise when I got home so she would know I made it safely.  What a sweet friend.)

No comments: