Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Free At Last!!

That would be me that's free, not Min.  I could not find the pieces to connect the crate together and it's not like I would have tossed them out because I know exactly what they are for.  Last night just before drifting off to sleep, I realized FPS! I don't need the nuts and bolts for the crate, I can use zip ties (if I really do have them or can find them) or even thread wire through the holes.  Min is not Jack.  She will not be trying to bust out.

So I briefly looked in the garage for zip ties and didn't find any.  I happened upon a smallish binder ring that worked very nicely except there was just the one.  Ha!  I ended up using twist ties and they work just fine.

It took a bit of encouragement for Min to enter the crate but she wasn't afraid or panicked in the least.  I thought a good test would for me to get into the shower.  She knows that routine.  It worked fine but as I was finishing I heard a couple of little barks.  I think she was just letting me know she was in the crate and not totally willing.  I sat next to the crate for about 20 minutes, sorting through a box and would get up occasionally to add to the recycling bucket.  She was okay with that.  I saw my opportunity and said I'll be right back and I was out the door.

Gone an hour and eighteen minutes but I dropped books off at the library, got my hair cut, dropped off a box at DI, stopped at Many Lands to look for vinegar, went south to the Good Earth for barley and bulgar, then remembered just in time about the black ink and zoomed into Staples.  Pretty amazing trip actually and I was surprised to see the Store Closing sign at KMart.

Min was just fine when I got back.  What a good girl!

And why was I so determined to get out of the house today?  I ran out of cream cheese yesterday, the main delivery system for pills to Min.  It was the straw.  Peanut butter worked but entirely too messy.

I never did get cream cheese because last night I remembered a 16-oz. carton of plain yogurt in the fridge,
and made yogurt cheese overnight.  It has the same consistency as cream cheese but certainly not the same flavor.  Min likes it.

(One mistake with the crate.  I assembled it in the living room and because of the size of the thing, that's where it will be for the next few weeks.  It does not fit through any doorway in this house in its assembled state.  Sigh.)

No comments: