Thursday, March 29, 2012

Training


It's a fabulous morning here and so I flung open the doors to let the air circulate.  An open front door is serious business for the boys and especially so for Dylan.  He gets very concerned and very vocal about anything moving past the house with the exception of cars driving by.  Those may pass unannounced.  Everything else though is cause for alarm.  The guys across the street talking on their cell phones and smoking as they pace in front of their house?  Trouble.  Children on their way to school?  Trouble.  Mom pushing stroller?  Big trouble.  Dog walker?  REALLY big trouble.

Ok then.  I filled my pocket with kibble.  As I ironed, I listened for the first rumble from a dog then stepped over there and showed them the treat.  If they don't bark they get it.   So far so good and I got a lot of ironing done.

I have large pieces of fabric that have been washed and needed pressing, folding and putting away.  Today I crossed 16 plus yards off the to-do list.  These are all pieces larger than two yards so do not do well with the new folding standard here.  These pieces are folded selvedge to selvedge. then into approximately 9-inch folds and stacked that way.  Most likely they will be used for quilt backs.

In the course of spending all that time in the living room this morning I had to wonder once again about this across the street:
I mean really what's wrong with the driveway?  I'm not sure what's still going on over there but I think maybe the floors and maybe a re-do because there has been a fan in the open front door quite often.

Go ahead, laugh and call me Fred and Audrey.


No comments: