Thursday, March 22, 2012

Corned Beef



I love it.  I really love it but today I had it yet again.

Last Friday I bought some corned beef very thinly sliced for sandwiches and also a thick slab to use in a casserole.  I had a sandwich on Friday and then we had sandwiches at work on Saturday.  Had one last sandwich on Sunday.  Tuesday I made a dip and today I made the casserole.  I will finish the casserole tomorrow.  Yay!

I brought sauerkraut for the sandwiches and I felt like we needed 1000 Island dressing to put on them even though they were not official Reubens.  I only buy 1000 Island dressing once a year for this very thing so this year I decided to make it.  Easy!  Fabulous!  I found this one on Allrecipes dot com and modified it just a bit.  When I made it on Saturday I wanted it fairly thick so I used dry onions but when I made it again today I wanted it more pourable.

1000 Island Dressing
o    ½ cup mayonnaise
o    2 tablespoons ketchup
o    1 tablespoon white vinegar
o    2 teaspoons sugar
o    1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
o    1 teaspoon white onions, finely minced
o    18 teaspoon salt
o    1 dash black pepper
Mix all ingredients together.  Refrigerate for several hours to let flavors blend.

No comments: