Monday, March 12, 2012

Ramen in Curry Sauce

Hard to get a good picture of this dinner but it was so very good.  Well, I was disappointed in the green beans but I couldn't wait and when I saw them in the grocery store I filled a little bag.  Definitely not straight from the garden.  So until I can pick my own beans, I'll use fresh asparagus or maybe even frozen green beans.

Green beans aside, the overall flavor of this dish is fabulous.  I saw this on Sara's Weeknight Meals which is a Create TV program.  You can find her recipe here.  This is how I made it:

Ramen in Curry Sauce

2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon curry powder
12 ounces coarsely ground pork
1 15-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
2 tablespoons fish sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
3 cups string beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 pkgs. ramen noodles, soaked until pliable


In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat and stir-fry the garlic and onions until golden, 3-5 minutes. Add the curry powder and continue to stir-fry to toast, about 1 minute.  Add the ground meat and continue to stir-fry, breaking up the meat, until cooked through, about 5 minutes more.

Add the coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce, lemon juice, and string beans and bring to a boil, then simmer 3-5 minutes until beans are tender.

Add the ramen noodles and toss the ingredients to coat the noodles evenly with the sauce.  Heat through.

Makes 4 servings

No comments: