Friday, March 2, 2012

First (personal) Finish for 2012!!

Buggy Barn Churn Dash


From the Buggy Barn Certifiably Crazy book.  Pieced in Kona solids and quilted with invisible thread on top and Star Merc in the bobbin.   The needle threader on my Bernina did not care for the invisible thread but since it has a certain rigidity it was not hard to thread the machine by hand.  Harder to thread a hand needle when I was burying thread ends after the quilting was finished.  I machine quilted in a quarter inch echo pattern.

This will hang in my sewing room after it is finished hanging in the store.  It's the perfect size, 23"x32" to hang above the cutting counter.

Yay!

edited:  oops, I forgot to mention that the name of this quilt is "You can't hurt your eyes by looking on the bright side." which was a quote I embroidered years ago and I have no idea where the thought came from.  Of course, quilts don't have to be named but this surely seems to fit!

No comments: