Monday, March 12, 2012

Design Wall Monday

Missouri Freebird
February UFO top.  Two cuts and two seams and the back will be done too and then the scary part.  I am going to quilt this one myself on my regular domestic sewing machine.  I so enjoyed the quilting part on the Churn Dash quilt that I couldn't wait to do it again.  When I hung this quilt on the wall though, the size was a little intimidating.  It measures 60x72 which is more than four times larger than the Churn Dash quilt.  What was I thinking!?!

So I have revised my quilting plan to involve less turning and will give it a go.  First of course, I need to get it basted and rather than try that on the living room floor I am going to spray baste it on the wall.  It's going to be a nice day today so doors and windows can be flung open to air out the smell of the basting spray.

No comments: