Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Olympic Sculpture Park


Free parking in downtown Seattle on a holiday!  The occasional shower was not interruptive and I was so happy to see Alexander Calder's Eagle in real life as well as some other large sculptures.

I expected the Calder piece to be larger than it really is but that's not to say it isn't big since it is 39 feet high!  And in real life it is orange rather than red as I thought, which of course makes me happy.  I'm not sure why I like this piece so much but there is a certain satisfying texture to it, never mind that it is steel.
Eye Benches - Louise Bourgeois

Wake - Richard Serra
Split - Roxie Paine

Perra's Ventaglio III - Beverly Pepper                                                                                     
Typewriter Eraser, Scale X - Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen

No comments: