Monday, May 6, 2013

-39.16

Yards!  That's the net decrease in the amount of fabric in the house this year!  Doing the happy dance about that for sure.  Last night I was still sewing at ten o'clock because I wanted to include the yardage that I used for these curtains in the weekly stash busting total.  Hung them this morning but it is an overcast day so the picture is washed out.  Here is a close up of the fabric:
I had originally bought it to make a "skirt" to hide the space between the two cabinets in this room which, at the time, had a board on top of them to make a nice long cutting counter.  I reconfigured the room, so the fabric went in the cupboard to age.

It's an Alexander Henry print and you can see how perfect it is for a sewing room!  I love their novelty prints but the only place I have found them IRL is at Hobby Lobby fps.

It might seem odd to be covering a window when the grass is green and things are blooming and wonderful to look at but this window is on the west side of the house and the sun beats down and in during the summer.  One more layer keeping it out is a good thing.