Thursday, May 23, 2013

A New Lawn Guy


For years I was supplied with mowers from the family across the street whose first five children are boys. They moved and last year I did front and back myself.  I really wanted to stick with the old plan which was to have someone else mow the front.

Hooray!  Luke to the rescue!  We had a little trouble beginning but now that race season is over, things should go smoothly and he did take second in state for the 4x400.  That's a relay race, which should have been obvious, I guess.  This boy has long legs!

He had never used a cordless electric mower and found it quite a workout even though he is in shape.  Also was surprised that I could push it.  Ah, youth.  I let him get away with that, only pointing out that the boys are each 130 lbs., fps.  (The mower is 76 lbs.)

He wondered out loud how to get the bag off and before I could say anything he had it off and was dumping the cuttings.  When I came out with the cash, he was fiddling with it, snapping some tubular plastic pieces into place.  For the last ten years I have had the handle on the inside of the bag.  Eye rolling at this point is totally acceptable.  It sure is easier to get that bag on and off now!

Thanks Luke!


No comments: