Friday, January 4, 2013

On the Needles 01/04/13

I have followed Judy at Patchwork Times for several years.  Last year she started posting her knitting progress each Friday and invited others to share what they were knitting as well.  So here is what I am doing, just a preemie hat but it gives me something to do when I am, for example, listening to Science Friday.

Earlier this week, I read this in Sins and Needles by Monica Ferris where a group of people are just starting a beginning sock class:

"Lucille had already cast on.  She began dividing the knitting evenly onto the four needles, struggling a bit with so many needles all apparently wanting to help."

I laughed out loud, causing alarm to the boys who jumped to their feet from a soundly, snoring nap.

Here is how I get my exercise.  Big dogs getting some sun right in the middle of the "road" so I have to swing to the right around the table and the island to get the sink.  Longer but safer than trying to step between and over them.

Next week, I hope to have a sock on the needles.  I don't want to be the only one who hasn't accepted that challenge.  There is a KAL going on that has techniques on video that should help me immensely.

1 comment:

SeeJulieStamp said...

I love making preemie hats. Those boys look like they're discussing something. ;)