Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Lunch and an Activity

An afternoon with a friend...is a wonderful thing!

Jan and I started out with our most favorite lunch of soup, salad and breadsticks at Olive Garden.  Chicken Gnocchi...yum!  Pasta e Fagioli...yum!  Zuppa Toscana...yum!  You get the picture.  Add in the breadsticks and we had no room for dessert.

I got to choose the activity since I am the "birthday girl" this week and I thought a trip to the BYU Museum of Art would be interesting.  It was.  We visited the We Could Be Heroes exhibit and there was a lot to absorb.  One of my favorite displays was a pair of paper pieced depictions of war machines, a tank and a bomber, made from slivered dollar bills.  The cost of war.  The artist then claimed the dollar bills as a cost of business deduction on his taxes.  Ha!

I am always impressed at what the museum has to offer and I am always amazed that we are still in Provo when we leave the building.  This museum is truly a gift to the city.

Of course there is a down side of living in the shadow of a big university.  Things are always being torn down and replaced with bigger.  Student housing (and parking) is always an issue.  This is the latest from campus but at least it is on campus:
These building are replacing very tall, straight up and down dorms.  The exterior gives a feeling of a change from functional to deluxe and I understand the interior is quite nice too.

*Pretty good pictures taken from a moving car.  More in focus than my usual pictures.

No comments: