Thursday, January 31, 2013

BG and FF

I feel like singing!  Ok, I just did and the boys were happy to go outside.  Spots of blue sky, a Birthday Girl and the First Finish of 2013.  So I sang and the boys wagged.
I am very happy with the finished quilt and so is Amy.  The pattern is Cloud Nine by Villa Rosa Designs.  Easy peasy and a $2 pattern!  The fabric is Figgy Pudding and Fruitcake by Basic Grey for Moda and because we had scoured the internet, we secured more than the pattern called for.  That was pretty amazing given that both fabric lines were several years old.  The quilt finished 64x84 and has a bamboo batting.
On the design wall
The pieced back didn't even use up all the fabric
Quilting close-up
My friend Sheila did the quilting, free hand on her long arm quilting machine.  It looks fabulous and is nicely spaced to make the quilt soft and drapey.  We both love the look!  Thanks Sheila!

Happy birthday to my girl who is a fabulous and amazing woman!

No comments: