Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Good, the Bad, the Dead (again) and the Ugly

Heavy Sigh.  My Sunbeam iron, far right, stopped working.  I really liked it.  I have only had it a year but it was an inexpensive iron from KMart so I thought I would just go back there and buy another.

Of course, they no longer had it.  So I stood there for 30 minutes, gazing at the irons, reading the details on the boxes and ultimately bringing home the Black and Decker Classic.  Using it was not enjoyable.  Too heavy and not slippery enough .  When I had told my neighbor about the iron dilemma she offered to let me use her iron, a T-Fal that she has had for 8 YEARS and loves.  I said, oh no, I can't do that but after my dislike of the B&D and the five one-star reviews of the Sunbeam on Amazon, I called her back and took her up on her offer.

How many times can you test drive an iron?  I like the T-Fal and am now waiting for it to be delivered.  In the meantime MNDeb says I can use hers and if she needs it she will borrow it back and then return it to me until the new one gets here.  Now there's a friend!

Notice the ironing board cover?  That's the Ugly.

No comments: