Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Chain Saws

The guy who painted the house last year is really a tree man.  Actually did both but currently is a tree man.  I had to get the rogue trees along the west side of the driveway trimmed back and today is the day it happened.  At noon we are only up to 53 so a good day for tree work.
Before the chain saw fired up
I moved the old fencing out of the way and a table and some composting cans.  There is a very old juniper on the left that doesn't show up much in this picture.  A big limb was leaning on the roof of the garage and there was a lot of dead tree that made it hard to maneuver the trash cans that should reside there.  The big deciduous tree had some limbs that needed trimming back as well, especially one that made any passenger safer to exit the car well before it actually got close to the garage.
After
 You can see there is a lot of dead juniper now exposed.  It's okay.  The big tree has some shape now and that's really nice.  There is still some more work for me to do and the tools in the foreground belong to the landscaper who I hope will be here in the next couple of weeks to finish up the flagstone.

What I am not crazy about is that renters to the west have an improved view into my house and yard.  They are also dog owners and dog owners, me included, tend to leave doors open to fenced yards so the dogs can go in and out as they want.  One of the men who lives there was already standing on the stoop surveying and giving me a friendly nod.  Uh, no. 

I'm already planning on some judiciously placed evergreens.  Then I won't feel like I am looking in on them either.  Okay and hopefully the trees will absorb some the smell of smoking so it doesn't come through my open windows.
The view from my sewing machine

No comments: