Friday, May 11, 2012

Visual Overload

Sheila and I went to the Home Machine Quilting Show today.  We walked around looking at the quilts for about and hour and a half and I snapped a few pictures to remind of some these ideas.  Then we sat and listened to a local designer who talked about her quilts as they were being displayed.  That lasted about an hour and we learned some fun things about round robin quilts.  We grabbed some lunch and decided that we didn't want to look at more quilts because it was all becoming a blur. 

We browsed around the vendor area and spent some time in the store's booth and I got to sit down at the Sweet 16 long arm quilting machine and test drive the new TruStitch stitch regulator.  The Sweet 16 is really the only long arm that will fit in my house without sacrificing an entire room.  I just kept chanting kitchen cabinets, kitchen floor, kitchen cabinets, kitchen floor... etc.   I was also lucky enough to chat with MaryAnn Fons for about 10 minutes.  I watch her show every Saturday morning at 6:30.  As delightful a woman in person as she is on tv.

What a lovely day!

No comments: