Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reading the instructions...

or at least looking at the pictures (as these days there are almost no words to be found in assembly instructions) would have saved me about an hour.  As it was it took almost two, which is twice my daily allotment/requirement of yardening time.  This is not the way to assemble the barrel.  No, no, no.  I think I only tried that four times.

I know a lot of gardeners are fortunate enough to just be able to make piles with a little bit of chicken wire.  I am just putting this in the cost of keeping big dogs column.  No way would they leave that kind of pile alone.   The good news is that we are now composting!
It's in a nice hot place and yes, there should not be crab grass flourishing there in the rock area but it is what it is and it's on the list.   Also on the list is replacing that hideous railing with some Trex railing.



2 comments:

WebDeb said...

Very cool. Next up: a rain barrel. Since you have experience.

SeeJulieStamp said...

That's a great spot for it! Easy access and out of the way.