Thursday, October 1, 2015

Book Buying

"Don't you have enough books?", I've been asked and my answer was and still is "No".  When I have moved on from one designer or style, I do offer those I no longer need to my quilting friends or donate them to the library book sale. There are still a lot of books in the house.  Quilting, amazingly enough, is always changing.

I bought this book in 2012.  I know that because I waited for it to be published, that's how excited I was about the modern quilting movement.  I have taken two online classes from Jacquie Gehring to learn her straight line quilting techniques using a domestic sewing machine and a walking foot.  She is fabulous!

This morning I was reading Katie Pedersen's blog and discovered that she is teaching in, GASP!, Kirkland, WA at Circa 15 Fabric Store in November!  Hmm.  I did the math.

Trains to SLC Intl = $6.50
Round trip airfare = $268
Transportaion from SeaTac to Kirkland = $5 - $44
Two class fees = $170
Four days of boarding for Min = $200
Incidentals = $150
Total =  $799.50 - $843.50

Book price on Amazon = $18.60
Cost for two online classes = $40
Total = $58.60

So, I will be having my own "class" here in my own kitchen/sewing room with my own book, the weekend of 11/ 14.  Page 113.  It's a happy plan.

No comments: