Sunday, October 11, 2015

Caramelized Red Onion Relish

Another fabulous recipe from Food in Jars by Marisa McClellan.  I have had fun this season with this book, a book designed for small batches.  This recipe said it would make 3 pints but I only got two and a half.  There is one already in opened and in the fridge.  I waited a couple of days in case that might make a difference, then spread some on a turkey sandwich.  Yum!

One of the reasons I tried this recipe is that it called for not only apple cider vinegar but also malt vinegar which I happened to have from another recipe.  Did not like the malt vinegar then but in this relish it works.

In all the goo-goo-gaa-gaa over little Sadie, the perpetual motion puppy, it was easy to put Min on an even higher pedestal as the best behaved dog ever.
Pedestal wobbling
Came home to find this.  Three pieces of gum and their wrappers missing and believed consumed.
Okay then.

No comments: