Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Quite Crisp in the Morning

47 degrees this morning which is not so bad when we are striding swiftly around the neighborhood.
Sitting in front of the open window at the sewing machine was a different story!  I leave that window open all day and night because it is awkward taking the screen in and out while reaching across the table and over the top of the machine.


I had lunch with Torey today and brought a jar of  Pickled Brussels Sprouts to try.  I had forced myself to wait the 48 hours and then even a little longer so that we could experience them together.  Frankly, I was unsure because, what! no sugar!?! Foolish me.  We were delighted and I promised her more jars of her very own.
Recipe from Marisa McClellen, Food in Jars
Also, and this was news to me, it is National Veterinary Technician Week.  An entire week for the techs.  I say hurrah! some of the best people I have ever met.


No comments: