Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Cupboard Bypass

I finished up the binding this afternoon and my neighbor picked it up when she got home from work! The quilt is for a first grandbaby, a little boy due in a couple of weeks.  She also took the Dick and Jane quilt to keep at her house.  It's a good thing.

 I have to say this is the third binding I have done totally on the machine and this one is just barely short of perfect because I did have to take a couple of tacking stitches on two of the corners. That might always be the case, still, I am mightily pleased.

Also made two and a half pints of Caramalized Red Onion Relish this morning.  The couple of spoonfuls left over, made it on my turkey sandwich for lunch. Very good!  I wonder if it will be even better if left to age a bit before opening the processed bottles.  The dill pickles I made on Sunday are to sit for 4 to 6 weeks before opening, per the recipe. 

Quilt statistics:
100% cotton fabric
Oink! Oink! by Jennski for Moda Fabrics
80/20 batting
45x44
Modified Layer Cake Lemonade pattern from The Fat Quarter Shop.

No comments: