Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Rrrr

Sheila is helping her niece with a family Halloween party and I am helping Sheila with the Pirate Bag production.  This is the basic drawstring gift bag that I have been making for years but, wisely, Sheila decided to skip the drawstring and will attach a piece of jute with a couple of stitches and just gather and tie the bags once they are filled with pirate booty.

26 bags, even without the drawstrings, still take some time.  Last night we could see the end in sight and it will probably just take one more evening of sewing and finishing.  Sheila is without sewing machine so she has been using my big machine here and I have been using the Featherweight.  This is not fancy sewing and the Featherweight does this kind of work just fine.

We sewed until I ran out of bobbin thread.  That shouldn't be an issue but it has been some time since I have used the Featherweight and I was tired and did not want to think through the process.  This morning I thought to look on the computer rather than read the manual which is written in a .5 font.  Ha!  There's a YouTube video showing just how simple it is.

How anyone lives without a computer is beyond me.

I made this Taco French Bread Pizza for supper with the only adjustment being the replacement of the French bread with naan.  French bread is too much bread for me and my dainty mouth has a hard time opening wide enough for it.  Naan works perfectly and the whole meal can be prepped and waiting ahead of time.
Tomato "candy" from Sheila.  I love these!
Individual Taco Pizzas - 6 to 8 servings
1 pkg Costco naan (these are about 4x5”)
1 pound lean ground beef
1 envelope taco seasoning mix
1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
1 small can sliced black olives
green onions, thinly sliced

Preheat oven to 375 F°. Brown ground beef in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Drain grease. Add taco seasoning to the ground beef according to package directions. Simmer 10 minutes, then remove from heat.

Place naan on a cookie sheet.

Heat refried beans in the microwave then spread beans evenly over the top of the naan. Top evenly with the cooked ground beef mixture, sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomatoes, black olives, green onion, and just a little more cheese on top.  Place in oven to heat through and for cheese to melt, less than 10 minutes

1 comment:

Carol said...

So that's what you're up to!!!