Sunday, September 6, 2015

First September Finish

Another baby quilt from the stash.  The pattern is based on the 3-Hour Baby Quilt Top by Alex Anderson, the fabric is Dick and Jane from somewhere between 5 and 10 years ago.

The quilt pattern calls for flying geese as the outside border but I had a bit of a problem getting those to work with a red gingham and the stripe I use as the binding.
You can make 4 of these geese blocks at one time but even though I gave it a lot of thought, I still got it wrong.  And I really did think about how I was laying the fabrics so when it didn't work I swapped out the gingham, eliminating one of the directionals.  I also used a different assembly method.
That didn't work out for me either... the block on the left still has a directional in the center and now I have two sides different.  That's when I switched to the green border.  Why was I making it so hard on myself, fps!?!

The back worked out nicely and I used up most of the leftovers.


quilt stats:
100% cotton fabric
38 1/2 x 42 1/2"
80/20 batting

No comments: