Friday, June 26, 2015

The Picnic Quilt


My long time and dear friend Wendy is getting married today.  She wanted a picnic quilt to be tied at her shower and she and her sister Janie went and purchased this quilt and then asked me to piece it.  Gladly!

It's a very simple pattern but the part that drove me crazy is that almost every piece of fabric had a direction and getting that straight is something I must do.  So it took me longer because I was having to pull each piece of fabric to get it back on grain.  The original border was to be the black diagonal print but it had to be substituted as the kits were very popular.  Still it turned out well and since she and her almost husband  (in about an hour from this post) are both Coke Cola fans, it will be one they look at fondly every time they use it.

Can't ask for more than that.

No comments: