Thursday, June 18, 2015

Popsicles!

A classic recipe that goes back a long time, at least forty years ago that I can remember.

8 oz. of applesauce, mine was unsweetened chunky that I made last October
8 oz. of plain yogurt, any fat content you prefer
1 teaspoon honey, optional
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, also optional

The popsicle forms I have are about 3/4-inch wide at the top.  I mixed everything in a bowl and then realized what a mess it was going to be to try to fill them.  Stood a quart sized Ziploc bag in a saucepan and scraped the mixture into it.  Squeezed out the air, sealed the bag and cut a tip off the corner.  Filled the forms in a nice tidy fasion.

Of course I had dripped in the saucepan and there was a bowl, spoon, and scraper also to wash.  Next time I will put everything directly into the Xiploc bag!

(Sadly, the tip from the bag is not to be found on the counter or in the sink.  Might be a surprise for someone.)

1 comment:

WebDeb said...

I think that's an old Weight Watchers recipe! I don't want to make that many (don't have the forms), so I'll just puree a ripe nectarine to use in the "push-up" freezer form I bought for Peter when we traveling last month.