Thursday, June 18, 2015

Change

I'm a little disappointed.  I could barely even drag this jar out of the kitchen into the living room so I could get a picture.  The empty jar weighs almost six pounds.  I made two trips to the bank, each time with 4 Ziploc quart bags, each filled with approximately five pounds of change. No wonder I could hardly drag it!

A little more than 5 years of saving coins in this jar came to five hundred, forty three dollars and ninety four cents. I really thought it would be closer to seven hundred so there's the disappointment.  Nonetheless, it is a nice total and we are getting closer to a new computer.

I thought I could put the jar in the DI box but I have become very fond of it.  It does have a nice cork topper so the change was all as clean as money ever is and there was only one button and one round flat battery that fell in on accident. With twenty pounds of change in it the only place it could be was on the floor and I am trying not to keep miscellaneous things on the floor, just furniture and feet.  I think I will move it to the storeroom temporarily.


No comments: