Sunday, June 14, 2015

Check

Not the best picture of this baby quilt but the sun was too high for pictures in the usual spots in the backyard.  Besides, it's nice to get a snap of the color of the Tri-Color Beeches while they still are so stunning.

This quilt is the first project to check off my June Goals list.  Yes, I know that we are just a step away from the middle of the month.  I am pretty sure I have over expected myself for the month!

There is a small group of us that are setting and hopefully completing sewing goals each month.  We each post a list just before the first of the month and our moderator posts them for all of us to see.  This is mine:

JUNE 2015
One finished baby quilt
Quilt and bind Riley Bake Christmas Quilt
Finish piecing the Lori Holt Baby Chicks top
Piece a 6 1/2" Farm Girl Vintage block each week
New kitchen curtains
Jump into the My Small World QAL
Six drawstring gift bags
At least one zip pouch
Maintain Negative stash (more fabric out than in)

The fabric in the quilt is from the stash and measures approximately 45"x45".  I used a bamboo batting and I did the quilting with loops and stars.  Also, the pattern for the quilt is from the book called Fat Quarter Style by It's Sew Emma.  Great patterns in that book!

No comments: