Thursday, January 15, 2015

The Fat Quarter Solution

They. Are. Everywhere.  In every room but the bathroom, on shelves, in a big plastic Rubbermaid box under the bed, other totes, grouped in Ziplock bags, just everywhere.

For those that aren't familiar with quilting lingo, a fat quarter is a yard of fabric cut in quarters which are approximately 18 x  22 inches.  This differs from a regular quarter of a yard cut from the end of a bolt which is a long piece 9 x 44 inches. A fat quarter is a more usable piece for quilters.

So yesterday I was inspired with a plan for the little guys.
Anytime I run across a stray fat quarter that does not sing* to me anymore, I will make a cloth napkin.  I can start with an 18 inch square and end up with a 16 inch square reusable napkin and seven 2.5 inch squares to be added to the scrap jar.

Woohoo!

*Since I know someone will ask, they sing; "you love me, I know you love me, you love me..." ala Sandra Bullock in Miss Congeniality.
 

No comments: