Friday, January 2, 2015

In and Out

Photo taken leaning over the 2nd floor railing of the lobby at Novell.
The final finish for 2014 and gifted to Tristan.  The quilt finished about 55x64 and I wish I had a close up picture that shows the lines and lines of quilting.  That was a bit of a challenge because I started the quilt on a different machine and the quilting was what made me put the whole thing away for quite a while.  Interestingly, and possibly because I had a better attitude, finishing it up was a pleasure.  Never mind that the feet from different machines do not have the same marking guides, if any.  Never mind that I was clueless as to what quilting plan I started with.  I just sat down and made it work and I was very happy with the end result.  Is it perfect?  Not at all but it was a great learning experience and when I was finished I could hardly wait to start the next straight line quilting project.

The 2014 Stash Spreadsheet shows 55.47 fewer yards of fabric in the house than at the beginning of the year.  Much better than 2013 when I ended up with more fabric, at least 22 yards more, than when I started.  I will continue to be diligent about this and have already started the 2015 Stash Spreadsheet.
Mailed home from WA on Monday
My sister thanked me for supporting the economy in Washington last weekend.  We did have fun though!

No comments: