Thursday, January 8, 2015

First Finish and a Revision


A top finished when Gaye and I both were home one summer then it went into the To Be Quilted stack.  Since I had so much fun quilting Tristan's quilt I am fired up for a full attack on TBQs.

This baby quilt is the snowball pattern, one of my favorites. I used 6 fat quarters and some yardage I had on hand. Love that!  It measures 37 x 45.
As I was laying awake one morning waiting for 5am, I realized there was a flaw with the 2015 stitching plan.  I drafted that plan thinking of January and February when inside time abounds.  It's not that way in the warmer months!

The Monthly Plan for 2015 v.1.1:
  • One small quilt - a baby quilt, a wall hanging, a table runner
  • One large piecing project
  • An ongoing piecing project
  • Quilt a top - try to alternate one UFO with one new top
  • One ABAQ (Anything But A Quilt) project - zip bags, project bags, a purse, self binding receiving blankets, pillow cases, potential gift projects.
  • More projects with solids!
  • Keep the Stash Spreadsheet in the negative!!
I think this will be more doable and most likely the ongoing piecing project will be a large one.

Okay then... onward!

1 comment:

WebDeb said...

I love this, and the backdrop!