Sunday, January 11, 2015

2015 Word

My friend Torey asked me what word I had chosen to focus on in 2015 and it caught me by surprise because it hadn't even crossed my mind.  For a little while I considered just keeping the one from last year but I knew as good as that word was, reusing it would not be about learning new things.  It really did not take me long to come up with "DO" and that's just how it should be, in capital letters.

I finished this mini (6x11 inches) today but have not found the perfect spot for it yet.

It certainly brings to mind the quote from Yoda: "Do or do not - there is no try." and thinking of that I had to revise The Plan once again and now v.1.2:
  • One small quilt - a baby quilt, a wall hanging, a table runner
  • One large piecing project
  • An ongoing piecing project
  • Quilt a top - try to alternate one UFO with one new top
  • One ABAQ (Anything But A Quilt) project - zip bags, project bags, a purse, self binding receiving blankets, pillow cases, potential gift projects.
  • More projects with solids!
  • Keep the Stash Spreadsheet in the negative!!  
 The good news is that week two still shows the stash spreadsheet in the negative.
11 this morning, haze so thick the mountains disappeared.

No comments: