Friday, January 23, 2015

Sewing With My Elbow

I was lucky to spend 10 days in Washington over the holidays and as I was there before the gift giving days, I carried out about six yards of fabric and yards and yards of ribbon so we could make reusable gift wrapping.
We were working on the kitchen counter, Amy was cutting and I was sewing.  Given that this is a bar type arrangement, putting the pedal on the floor meant I could not sit and sew.  Hence, the elbow method as I cannot stand and sew successfully.  (Hence...hahahaha)
 We ended up with quite a stack of flat fold wrappers and tie bags of several sizes.  One yard makes one big flat fold wrapper, two book size bags, and one teeny bag.  Too bad we forgot to get an exact count but only two gifts were wrapped in tissue paper and that was rewarding as well as just lovely!
And there were lots of packages!
The making part did not take much time as edges were just pinked and the wrapping part took almost no time at all!  One of the fun parts of this was after The Opening.  We had dinner, of course, re-examined everything and then re-used some of the wrapping for another round of gift giving when Caslyn and Cameron came by that evening.  Cameron could not stop talking about the wrapping.  That was very nice.

No comments: