Sunday, January 4, 2015

Ink

Several weeks ago I emailed my friend Sheila with my plan for 2015 letting her know it was still in "pencil".  She requested I let her know when I was going to ink.  That made me laugh but well, here it is still not exactly in ink but finalized nonetheless.

2014 was a dismal year for quilting finishes.  I had a lot of fun helping my friend Carol with her quilting and she is enthusiastic and dedicated to finishing.  You would have thought that might have rubbed off or maybe even shamed me into finishing my own quilts. Nope. Not last year.

I've known for years that a plan is going to make all the difference but like most other important things in life, it needs to become a habit.  For me some plans need more detail and quilting is one of them, so here is my monthly plan for 2015:
  • One small quilt - a baby quilt, a wall hanging, a table runner
  • One large piecing project
  • An ongoing piecing project
  • Quilt a top - try to alternate one UFO with one new top
  • One ABAQ (Anything But A Quilt) project - zip bags, project bags, a purse, self binding receiving blankets, pillow cases, potential gift projects.
  • More projects with solids! 
  • Keep the Stash Spreadsheet in the negative!!
 My real goal here is to proceed with the same kind of obsession enthusiasm that I had for last year's August purge.  That was so much fun!   

2 comments:

Sheila said...

That is a quite the goal, my friend. And you just killed the fun of having a "stash" - in the negative, what are you thinking?????

Carol said...

Very lofty goals and you're so brave for putting them out there. I'll try not to slow you down this year! Hee. hee. I think all of the help you've given me far outweighs what you didn't get sewn last year. Thank you so much!