Monday, June 17, 2013

The Excitement Never Ends Here

How it looked this morning.

The smallest guy is the actual tree trimmer.
Lots of grinding/chipping.
The guy without the hard hat is the boss.
They started at 1 and left at almost 5.  One of the green shirted guys said they will be back tomorrow and should finish in about another hour.  The west side of the tree still needs some thinning and I am hoping that the branch the trimmer is standing on will remain but it's growing to the right from the left side of the Y and that just seems wrong.  Do you see all those windows on the four-plex that are staring at me again?  Sigh.  But there was a broken branch that was mostly in the neighbor's yard directly behind me and aside from that we had terribly scarey winds last week and I was holding my breath with each gust, waiting for a loud cracking and crashing sound.  Whew.  Spared.  We should be good for two years and then when we call them back to trim, it shouldn't cost nearly so much.  At least that's what the boss told me.

Oh, and based on the height of the fence, I estimate the tree at more than 40 feet tall.

No comments: