Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Surprised...But Not Really


I love my Dyson Animal!  I think I have had it about five years and while they are quite pricey, it was a tax refund purchase so you know, then that makes it a prize.

There was a mind set change involved though because it is bagless and I wasn't so sure I wanted to see what was getting picked up.  As it's turned out, the clear plastic canister is no longer clear but rather frosted because of all the dirt I vacuum up that has been carried in by my roommates.

A couple of months ago I discovered another release button and I no longer have to reach inside the canister to extract the dog hair that gets compacted in there.  I know, gross.  I have periodically been washing out the canister and this weekend was truly amazed to discover yet another release button that gave me access to the filters.  The side of the yellow filter piece has pictures that show you exactly how to care for the two pieces!!  The not really surprised part of this story is that the blue foam insert was black when I pulled it out and when it was finally clean ( a lot of water) it says right on it that it should be washed every six months.  Sigh.

Cleaning all those parts has yielded one sparkly and no longer stinky vacuum cleaner!  Yay!


No comments: