Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Slow Living

My favorite tree in the yard is the Honey Locust in the parkway.  It is slow to open but it provides lovely dappled shade and small leaves which makes for easy and almost no raking .

When I wake each morning, usually the first thing I think about is which day of the week it is.  I used to internally roll my eyes when my neighbor, who works from home, used to be unaware of the day of the week but now I know first hand that it has to do with a missing frame of reference, i.e. generally deadlines.

The second thing I think about is what will I choose to do this day.  It's not to say there aren't some deadlines and stress but I feel I now live 95% deadline and stress free.  Not that I don't have goals but a lot of them are really on-going adjustments to the way we live here on the estate.

That said, I am making some specific fabric goals for May and joining in with Judy at Patchwork Times.

  • Complete QOV Hash Tag
  • Complete Impromtu
  • Complete one baby quilt
  • Add 15 blocks to flower applique quilt
  • Begin fundraising Cat House Projects
  • No online fabric purchases
  • Continue fabric purge and fabric folding
This last one is a little vague because it's ongoing but all are doable (she says now.)

No comments: