Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spring Chores- - - Firsts

67 degrees and sunny today!  Season opener for the mower and the front lawn is looking good.  Not really good but we are on a plan and at least it has been mowed.

I also adjusted the sprinkler system and if I did it correctly they will start up tomorrow morning at 5.  Of course the sprinklers won't start unless the outside water is on and so once again I put on my spider cap, made sure my phone was in my pocket and descended into the crawl space.
It's not the long crawl it is when I need to change the furnace filter though.  Once I am off the ladder, I only have to back up a couple of feet and move a foot over to the left to access the water valves in a crouched position but not on my knees at least.
With the flash
Just the light shining in from the "door"
So a couple of things to notice and then to put on your to-be-grateful-for list.  At the top of the ladder picture, if you look closely you can see white spots.  Those are cocoon things with spider babies inside and explains why I wear a hat and a long sleeved shirt buttoned up to the neck.  In the other two pictures, notice the foundation.  Not poured concrete.  When the big one, i.e. earthquake not nuclear bomb from N. Korea, hits and if we are at home... well, you get it.

No comments: