Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Words

I'm a word person.  I love words.  Over the weekend I was thinking about the law of (positive) attraction and it occurred to me that the words I have posted on my refrigerator should be the theme for the rest of the month.

One word about the refrigerator.  Cluttered.  And the inside isn't much better right now.
With all the workers and work going on in the kitchen, things were being knocked off.  A fairly obvious message.  Here is the new and improved look:
Only two things remain, a picture of my all time favorite sculpture, Alexander Calder's Eagle, and the words that are September's theme...wag more, bark less.  It's at eye level for the boys but really it's advice we can all take.

A bit of a side track but currently I am hooked on the series of Ted Talks called Numbers Speak Louder Than Words.  This morning I watched a talk on African fractals.  These are the words that made me happy:
"Pseudo random number generation using determinative chaos."

It's an amazing thing, in this case, using lines drawn in the sand in pairs of odd and even which could also be ones and zeroes or binary code.  

What a world we live in.

No comments: