Monday, September 3, 2012

Kitchen Remodel, day 160

Okay, it just seems that way.  The men started at 8 and left at 5:15.  I thought it would be more like a half day's work.  They did the hard part on Saturday with all the leveling but then today there was hole cutting for plumbing and outlets and continued leveling for each added cabinet.
Here's where we are.  The large opening is for the oven, the smaller opening on the right is a false drawer front in the sink cabinet and the drawer opening in the middle of the picture is the uh-oh.  Ben went to slide in the drawer and uh-oh, couldn't get it in.  Our schematic showed the spacer strip on the wrong side.  It should have been on the sink side not the peninsula.

Of course there are options but I think my choice is to cut the 4-inch spacer down the middle and put 2-inch pieces on each side.  I lose my step stool slot next to the refrigerator and there might be an issue with the cleat they put in for the peninsula, i.e. holes in the new floor that will show.  Maybe Dave the floor guy will have a way to fix that.

So they will be back on Friday because Ben works 4 tens, I am off all day and John is home all the time.

Guess I won't be putting anything in the cabinets tonight after all.

No comments: