Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Swiffer XL

Now, the dust mop with the cheerful lime green is fairly new, within the last year, because I use it to mop the perimeter of the living room when accessible (the floor, not the mop.)  For removing the ever present dog hair in the kitchen and sewing room, I used a broom or the vacuum cleaner.

Now that there is a greater expanse of uninterrupted kitchen floor, the dog hair removal needed to be addressed and I was told that my lime green dust mop was lacking.  Not just the size of it but the swivel handle action was pathetic according to Amy.  I deferred to her opinion since I just use a Swiffer when I clean the bathroom at work which is, of course, a small space. 

Well.  She is spot on with this!  I can zoom around the kitchen in no time flat, swiveling and swirling  and picking up all that dog hair.  Given that it needs to be done daily, and twice daily would be better, it's nice that it is so easy.

Apparently it is hard to find the XL refills in stores but they do have them on Amazon.  Average price is 75¢ each for one disposable "cloth".  Yikes.  So I picked up a piece of  scrap fleece and made two  re-useable cloths that cost 17¢ each.  That makes me happy!  The fleece works very well and all you need to do is cut it to size, no finishing of edges is needed.  I can just toss them in with the throw rugs and other rags when I do that load of laundry. 


Motorcycles on the bottom side. Maybe that's why I can move so fast.


No comments: