Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Food Storage Plan

Two big dogs eat a great deal of food.  In the past I have tried a pedal trash can as a storage container but got tired of walking around it even after the first kitchen remodeling.  Then I went to quart jars and had 22 of them lined up on the counter.  Now I am aiming for minimal counter clutter, although you wouldn't know it right this minute because of the continual sorting going on and also two dozen tomatoes that need processing.

The jars held two cups of kibble which is one meal and they are fed twice a day.  I always worry about being fair and making sure each dog gets the same amount.

Stuff and Space are my big issue now.   The new plan is filling the jar full, which is 4 cups of food.  Each dog gets one jar per day and to make sure no dog gets more than the other, I simply but Jack's name on half the jars.  So now we are only using 12 jars, still feeding twice a day, and they all fit on the cookie sheets that are too big for the new oven but do very nicely as a "serving tray" because they can be pulled forward out of the cupboard.

 Cross that off the list!


No comments: