Sunday, September 23, 2012

Looking Back

Thursday, September 13, 7 am....
That's right, 7am.  The sun is not even over the mountains that early, fps and I was still in my pajamas when they knocked on the door!  The electricians had a full day scheduled and hoped to get a good part of my install done and then squeeze in the finishing up.  They were close to completing the oven install when the counter top guy showed up at 8.  He couldn't work around them so he left and came back in half an hour. 
Tyler is a nice man and did a very fine job and was done just before 11.  Then Larry came to install the sink and make a small but vital repair to the sprinkler system in the backyard.  He only needed one trip to Home Depot which is petty amazing with any project requiring plumbing!  The electricians came back and finished with the stove top installation which really took no time at all.  While Larry was at Home Depot and there were no other workers here, I jumped into the shower and by now it was 3:30 and I wanted to be on the way to the airport by 4:30.  It was 4:40 and I left Larry with his head under the sink and hoped, really hoped, that he would be gone by the time I got back.

The freeway was smooth sailing but you can never tell of course.  I was 45 minutes early but the plane was 15 minutes early so not bad at all.  My observation is that most people in the Park and Wait use the time to clean their car.  I, myself, found a bank deposit receipt from 2006.  Don't even do business with those people anymore.

We came home to a kitchen with functioning appliances and running water and no Larry!
 

No comments: