Monday, July 30, 2012

SBRB

Which stands for Self-Binding Receiving Blanket and this is the first one I have actually made.  I've explained it a billion times but have never made one until today.  This was flannel in the stash for many years, so I washed and ironed it before starting.  I don't sew with flannel because a.) I am pretty much always too warm b.) no related babies around and c.) because most flannel just doesn't look as nice once it's been washed.  Most likely the $12/yard flannel wouldn't fall into that category but... it's $12/yard!

Making the SBRB is a very clever and easy process but you will notice that my borders/bindings are not the same size.  That's a mistake which could have been avoided if I had been measuring instead of assuming. 

It will find a good home anyway.

No comments: