Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Ahhh, the 4th

I was in the sewing room where there was still a window open and I thought I heard a car backing up.  I went to the door and sure enough a woman was already out of the car and ready to give directions to the driver on how close they could get to the other parked car.  I said STOP!  You can't park there, I need to get out of my driveway.  She said, "but I think you..."  NO!  Do not park there, I have to get out of MY driveway and go to work!"  She threw up her hands and said no problem and they drove away.  FPS!  So I moved my car so that it hangs out into the street enough to prevent anyone else from trying to squeeze in.

Most times it doesn't matter as long as they don't block the entire driveway but this is the first time I am working on the 4th and I have the keys to the store.

Interestingly, this year the library has put up big fencing all around their property to keep people off the lawn.  I am sure there is a lot of turf destruction from the overnighters and on parade day when the parade is over it seems most many people just get up and leave all their garbage.

Notice that the lawn doesn't look very good and this is after a concerted effort by me to get enough water on it.  We had less than half an inch of rain in May and I'm not sure we had measurable rain in June.

1 comment:

SeeJulieStamp said...

We put the trash cans out to mark the driveways. This year, no trouble at all. Years past, driveway and red curb parking like crazy. So much fun! I actually sit on the porch and watch.