Friday, July 20, 2012

A Little Project

Lots of the bloggers like this "format" for finished quilts and I'm not sure why.  I never remember to snap a picture like this when I finish a quilt because I have the fence which I think makes a perfect display location. 

I started this placemat yesterday and even started the  hand sewing part of the binding but by the time I got home from work and had dinner, my eyes were too tired for handwork.  It took very little time to finish up this morning.
These are reproduction 30's prints that I have had for more than 5 years but probably not too much longer.  By my stash this is new fabric.  :-)  I made the blocks (don't have any idea how many) and was annoyed by the whole process so set the finished blocks aside.  In the recent fabric upheaval, nine 7-inch blocks surfaced and I sewed six together for the top.  The backing and binding are more than twenty years old because I moved it from Illinois.  Heavy sigh.

I'm giving this to MNDeb who recently expressed an interest in vintage and placemats.  Perhaps more blocks will rise to the top and I can make her another.



No comments: