Friday, July 27, 2012

Ravellenics

Some of you may know of Ravely which is an online community of knitters, crocheters, spinners, etc.  Fiber people.  During the last Olympics they had their own games going on.  No competing against each other, rather you decided what you wanted to complete during the real Olympics and reported it to the event coordinators.  At the end of the games, you reported to teams leaders in the various categories, i.e. socks, afghans, scarves etc.  Completion of your goal got you a "hooray, well done" certificate.

At least that's how I understand it.  My sister the knitter participated and will again this year.  Her question to me this morning was: Ready to Cast On?  I gave it a lot of thought.  Nothing more fun than starting a new project!  I have two knitting projects though that I could finish up, so I decided not to start something new.

However, I saw a blog earlier this week where a quilter suggested a Binding Marathon during the Olympics.  YES!  Not that it will be any cooler to be binding rather than knitting but it would make a huge difference in quilt completion.  And let's face it, the numbers have not been stellar so far.  In fact, I was reminded the other day that they are going in the wrong direction.  :-)

So binding it is.  I have two large quilts that need binding and two smaller tops that could be quilted and bound in the next two weeks.

Let the games begin!


No comments: