Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Heart the Internet

I have a list of blogs that I check in with every day and one of those is Stephanie Pearl-McFee, aka The Yarn Harlot.  The post I read this morning is one she wrote for another blog and the topic is Writers with Kids.

It's an excellent post and per Stephanie's instructions I read another post on that site by Jane Smiley, as her name was one I recognized.  Jane referenced Jean Kerr and I thought oh, I know who that is, she wrote Please Don't Eat the Daisies!  After I finished Jane's post, I thought I should verify my thought about Jean Kerr so I zoomed over to Amazon and yes, Jean Kerr did write Please Don't Eat the Daisies! which you may remember was also a movie with Doris Day (who recently turned 88!) and David Niven.  Then I went to Wikepedia to see when all that happened and discovered that Jean Kerr died in 2003.  There was also a link there to a website called Find A Grave.  I don't know why that surprised me, considering where I live, but I did laugh to see that you can buy a bumper sticker.

All this fun before 6:30 in the morning and because I no longer have to rush out the door to be sitting behind a desk by 8.

Fabulous!

1 comment:

WebDeb said...

But the notes that are left for the deceased at that site are very unsettling ...