Tuesday, April 24, 2012

February UFO... DONE!

I think I said this already but just in case, I am calling this one Missouri Free Bird because it is the Missouri Star Quilters method for making the blocks and the fabric name is Free Bird by MoMo for Moda.
It's sashed with Kona Snow and I tried to use up every scrap of the Free Bird fabric that I had except for my very favorite.  I have yardage of that one and had to cut into it because I never could find the jelly roll strips I had set aside for the binding.  I used some fat quarters to piece the back.
I did all the quilting on my DSM (domestic sewing machine) rather than have it quilted on a long arm since it is a UFO and the fabric is a couple of years old.
I used a bamboo batting and I am very happy with the way it all turned out!  It will look nice on my bed if I decide to keep it.

YAY!  Cross it off the list!

No comments: